Wednesday, December 5, 2018

An Honor to be the selected speaker at the Mark Twain Dinner at the Historic Lotos Club in New York





 

 On November 14th 2018, I had the  great honor of being the selected speaker for the members only  Mark Twain Dinner at the Historic Lotos Club in New York.  By speaking I was following in the footsteps of Hal Holbrook, Ken Burns and Dick Cavat, amongst many other celebrities that have spoken at this very special dinner…so, this was a great great honor for me and a delight to talk about one of my favorite subjects "Twain"! 
 
My talk told a very little known story about Mark Twain and his relationships during the last years of his life.




 





A wonderful Mark Twain Mask by Zenos Frudakis, a world renown sculptor
I was delighted to receive this beautiful Twain mask as a gift for talking at the event. Zenos is amazing...he captured Twain!!!!  This wonderful mask hangs in the Mark Twain Room at The Lobster Pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment