Monday, June 5, 2017

Portrait Sketch of Governor Malloy

        Portrait sketch of Governor Dannel Malloy

In between  my portrait commissions I am inspired to paint  special individuals and leaders. I recently created a 16 x 20 oil on linen portrait sketch of  Stamford, Connecticut native, Governor Dannel Malloy.  

 
Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy, oil on linen, 20 x16 

 


My family has lived in Connecticut since the late 1600's and early 1700's, so I consider myself a true Connecticut Yankee and living of Mark Twain's property, the author of "The Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" this makes it especially relevant. I am a self trained artist and have been painting portraits for over 30 years. Portraiture is a demanding challenge and a life's dedication, but in the end the reward is that you have given immortality and honor to a unique spirit for generations to come.

To see more of my portraiture visit: www.susandurkee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment